TOP 10 BEST TROMBONES IN THE MARKET 2019 REVIEWS
Trombones are known to be one of the most useful of all the other bands out there and an impeccable instrument for orchestra purposes. This instrument had the ability to adapt itself in any environment whether the music is sober or it is rocky. But the position of this instrument in the orchestra was not secured until 1808, though there were traces of the slide brass instruments by the middle ages.
In today’s time, trombones are used almost by every group of musicians, whether it be jazz, band or orchestral. Also, these trombones are manufactured by various brands. Hence, continue reading if you want to know everything about the trombone.
FEW BEST TROMBONES IN THE MARKET THAT ARE VERY LIKELY TO ENHANCE YOUR MUSIC
- Batch 42BO Stradivarius series
This includes mouthpieces with large shank, grease and a beautiful case. The key features that make it more preferable are B-flat/F key, fixed lead pipe, .547 inch bore and a 8.5 inch bell.
It is manufactured by the manufacturer Vincent Batch. This company also excels in making trumpets, mouthpieces and cornets, etc. The company was named after Vincent Bach, the man who established this company. Earlier, that is, in the early phase after establishing the company, Bach only focused on the manufacturing of mouthpieces. Later on, he also the company also started manufacturing trombones and the first trombone, bearing the company’s name, was sold in 1924. From then onwards, Bach has been known to be one of the best trombone makers of the industry.
The advantages that make brand a good choice are:
- You can play it as soon as you take it out of the box. There is no need of tuning it.
- It has a very rich and a very deep enriching sound.
- It comes with a slide action which is fluid and is very comfortable for a smooth action.
- The design does not fail to capture the eyes with beautiful, yellow brass design.
- It is a great instrument for beginners as well as those who are at an intermediate level.
- Though the brass quality is excellent, the grease used is somewhat of low quality and thus it makes sliding action bit rough.
- The instrument is too big in size and may be heavy for musicians.
Mendini is yet another model of trombone by Cecilio. Cecilio is a reputed company which specialises in the manufacturing of brass, woodwinds, strings and other accessories of music instruments. This company had been established roughly ten years ago and since then, it had been successful in retaining its place among the top manufacturers of the industry. It also focuses on music instruments for students as well. Talking about Mendini, you get tuner, pocketbook, white gloves, a cleaning cloth and a durable and hard case out of the box. That means you get all the required accessories at one place itself. The key features of this are B-flat key, bore of 500 inch, 8 inch bell and also one year warranty. This trombone has been designed specially for the purpose of beginners and it does a great job.
- The instrument is very handy and is very comfortable to use;
- The product comes with one year of warranty for product security and satisfaction;
- There are a number of accessories in the box;
- It is absolutely perfect for the beginners of all kinds.
- The tuner you get out of the box helps in teaching intonation.
- There is no F-key, so it plays only on B-flat;
- The gold plating on the instrument can be accidentally scratched off.
- Yamaha YSL- 8820 Xeno Series
You get to see B flat key with .547 inch bore, 8/11/16 inch bell, and a lead piece which is fixed. Yamaha is a well known instrument manufacturer. In spite of dealing in the manufacturing of a number of instruments, it does not fail in maintaining its quality. They specialise in the manufacturing of music instruments as well as there accessories. It has a reputed position in the industry.
This model of trombone is designed keeping in mind the needs of intermediate and advance level musicians. Thus, the makers provide F attachment which expands the range. Also, with .547 inch bore and 811/16 inch bell, it gets large in order to be suitable for large sized persons. Even the sound quality is excellent and matches the brass construction.
- You can use B flat as well as F trombone;
- The yellow brass is of good quality and will work for a longer time;
- It includes a considerable large sizes mouthpiece;
- The features it showcases are standard and are of good quality either for beginners, intermediate or pro;
- It gives out smooth and uninterrupted sound quality.
- The trigger of F attachment sticks on playing, thus interrupting the play session;
- A beginner may find it difficult to use the F-attachment.
- Mendini MTB-31 Intermediate Bb Tenor Slide Trombone
It is also one of the most preferable of all the instruments. It also comes with those same .547 inch bore and 8 inch bell with a lead piece. The box contains tuner, cleaning cloth, mouthpiece and gloves.
The instrument comes from the makers of Mendini. Mendini and Cecilio are related to each other. Mendini excels in the manufacturing of strings, brass, woodwinds and other accessories of instruments. In addition to this, what is more exciting and worth appreciation is that it claims to sell these products at wholesale price.
This model has a B flat tenor that is specifically designed for an intermediate level player. The in box accessories are in ample quantity and thus makes playing the instrument easy. The accessories include a tuner, cleaning cloth, a pair of white gloves and a case for keeping the trombone safely. The case is hard and durable. Also, the size of the instrument is quite large and the slide action is smooth. Only thing that can limit its sales is its colour.
- The F attachment provides an extended range;
- In box accessories meet the perfect requirements to play this instrument;
- This product also comes with one year warranty from the side of manufacturer;
- The sound quality of this instrument is worth appreciating. It has a considerable and a pronounced feel and feedback.
- Intermediates will find it perfect for themselves.
- Though the trombone has a very feasible and eye catching design, the nickel plated depiction may not be liked by all.
- It definitely has a smooth sound, but you may find it inferior if you compare it to other top end models.
- Conn 88H Symphony Series
Again the same features and accessories, only the manufacturing company is changed. Conn Selmer has its own reputed position in the industry of instrument manufacturing. Not only this, Conn Selmer is a parent company of many companies which specialize in instrument making. Vincent Bach, Selmer, C.G. Conn, King, Holton and many more companies are the subsidiary companies of Conn-Selmer. The fun fact is that Conn Selmer is itself a subsidiary company of Steinway musical instruments, Inc. The trombone is a very good instrument for the intermediate and advance level players. It has the F attachment which is responsible for increasing the range. You may not be getting much accessories with the instrument and that is a bit disappointing.
- The F attachment increases the range;
- It has a long lasting yellow brass which is sure to lure the musicians in terms of durability.
- Again, the sound quality is considerably outstanding and worth appreciation.
- Another key feature of this trombone is that it is light in weight and thus you may play it for a longer period of time without feeling tired. This way, you will also love it playing for long.
- In spite of the yellow brass being durable, the design may not be liked by many musicians due to their own preferences.
- Though lightweight and easy to use, it is not a good choice for the beginners;
- Another negative point of this trombone is that it does not come with ample accessories.
- pBone PBONE1B Jiggs Plastic Trombone
This trombone comes from the makers of Warmick music group. The credit of world’s first plastic trombone goes to Warmick music group. In 2018, they also came up with the world’s first plastic trumpet and cornet.
Talking about the instrument, it has a very good sound. In the first place, you may think that the plastic build quality will not sound good, but the sound is way better than expected. Due to the plastic framework, this trombone is available at a very affordable price and this makes it a good choice. The box also includes a number of accessories that will surely help a musician to learn more skills and knowledge regarding the use of trombone.
- The Plastic frame of the instrument makes the instrument affordable by all;
- It is Handy and is very comfortable to play;
- The Slide is made of glass fibre which increases smoothness;
- If you purchase this trombone, you will be subscribed to reputed associations of music and bands. This means you will get free membership of reputed associations for six months.
- This trombone comes in eight different colours. So, the buyer gets an opportunity to choose his favourite colour from the set of eight different colours.
- Despite being affordable, plastic make may upset a number of musicians;
- This trombone uses a plastic mouthpiece which is of no comparison to the one with metal;
- Due to the plastic material or any such reason, the sound coming from this trombone struggles a bit. So it will be quite a difficult task to bring the perfect sound from it.
- Glory Brass Bb Trombone
This trombone is designed and marketed by Glory, one of the leading instrument makers in the industry. They mainly focus on selling their trombones online. But you can not point a finger on their quality. They maintain very good quality without much hike in the price. If you are a beginner, then this trombone is perfect for you. There are reasons for this. On one side, it is easy to play and on the other side, it is light in weight too. You also get a hard case to keep the trombone safely and securely. There is no F attachment, only the B flat and that makes the instrument perfect for beginner level players.
- With the trombone, you get a stylish and long lasting hard case. This will protect the instrument.
- It proves to be the perfect choice for beginners as they can handle the instrument easily and can learn to play the instrument more quickly as compared to other trombones.
- The trombone comes with perfect fit and finish. There seems no error in the manufacturing of this product from any dimension. It is truly a product which we may term as value for money.
- Those who are beginners, will surely be able to produce a soothing and smooth sound from this trombone without much difficulty.
- Though the finish is magnificent and praiseworthy, the gold plating may be scratched and this is the area where quite a considerable number of musicians may get upset.
- It is not a product with a lot of features. It primarily focuses on the beginners and so not much features are given in this model. Though you may get them in higher models of this company.
- This model can be played in B flat only, that means F attachment will not work in this instrument. It is another negative point of the instrument.
- Ammoon Tenor Trombone Bb
Ammoon is not much old company. It is a new company in the industry. It has a variety of products. If you visit their website, you may find a whole range of instruments and accessories for students as well as teachers. You can find drums, orchestra and band instruments, gear, audio equipments, keyboards, strings, etc.
In other words, you can get all items and products related to musical instruments at Ammoon.
Talking about the Tenor Trombone Bb, this trombone comes in B flat and it produces excellent sound. It uses high quality materials in manufacturing like brass and cupronickel which increases the life of the trombone. Also, the box contains every thing needed for a kick start. You may also find a guide to get started. Also, the trombone is not much heavy in terms of weight, therefore, it is a great choice for the younger players.
- Mouthpiece is made of cupronickel and good-quality brass. Therefore, the sound quality is way excellent.
- It is made with the motive to suit all levels of musicians. Thus, this model is suitable for all the levels of musicians, viz., Beginners, intermediate and advanced.
- It slides very efficiently and smoothly thereby giving a great feed and feedback.
- The accessories which we get in the box also include a cleaning cloth and a pair of white gloves too, a good bet!!
- The tone is clear and is of excellent quality.
- It is limited to B flat only. That means it can not be played on F attachment.
- The colour of the trombone shown in picture and the colour of the actual trombone that you receive may be different from each other.
- Kaizer Trombone Bb
This trombone is yet another magnificent piece from Kaiser. It is an American company with American standards. Since it is an American company, you should be sure of the quality of the product. They sell what they show.
It comes in B flat and is hand crafted with extreme perfection. It focuses on the students and therefore, it comes up with the 45 days free trial course as well as other necessary accessories that would prove to be helpful for the students.
- It is easy to set up and can be quickly made ready to be used by the students
- The size of the instrument is medium and thus it is easy to handle and use.
- The 45 days free trial course is a great benefit to the students.
- Also, the company gives a lifetime warranty on its product.
- The box also contains all the required accessories for a kick start.
- The product is basically designed keeping in mind the requirements of a student. Therefore, it is not a good choice for intermediate and advanced level players.
- Also, the slide action is not that smooth as expected.
- King 2102 2B Legend Series Trombone
It is another trombone from the makers of King. All those who do not know about the company King or are reading it for the first time, King is a subsidiary company of Conn-Selmer itself and is listed among the top manufacturers. The owner of the company, Thomas King, was itself a trombonist and he set up this company in 1894. So there should not be any doubt on the quality as the owner himself is a master in this field.
Coming on the instrument, this trombone is the only jazz-specific trombone in our list. Though it is smaller when comes to size, it has a rich range of upper pitches that make this trombone unique in its category. It is not adequate for the students or for a marching band but it is a trombone worth trying and trust us or not, this trombone is sure to give a considerable feel and feedback in terms of playing. The key features of this trombone are that it comes with B flat key, .481 and .491 inch bore, and also 7 3/8 inch bell. Also, we get a 12C mouthpiece and a shell to keep this trombone protected. The shell gives a deluxe feel amd thus it looks attractive.
- This trombone is designed specifically for the Jazz players.
- It has a great and enriched sound quality with clear projections.
- Due to the small size, this instrument is easy to handle and can be played comfortably.
- It has a classy look and style.
- The upper range in this trombone is immensely rich and that is something we will not find in every other trombone.
- Though the small design is good and feasible, it is not recommended for the students as they can not learn that quick on this trombone.
- This trombone, though perfect for an individual play, may not be fruitful and suitable for some ensembles and that is a great disadvantage.
So, these were the few trombones of a number of famous instrument companies. A trombone can fit in any ensemble and will not be an instrument to be called as odd one out. It fills the emptiness of other instruments in an ensemble. No other instrument can match the depth and soul of sound of a trombone. But, to play the best sound, your trombone should be of the best quality. It is obvious that if you pick a trombone of mediocre quality, then you might have to compromise on either the sound quality or the smoothness of the slide or the colour, etc. Also, do not go just by the looks and branding. Sometimes, a lesser known brand may also come up with one of the best trombones in the market. So rather than going on the branding and the appearance of the trombone, consider the quality, features, in box accessories, warranty periods, etc. A good trombone will fetch a good tuning and hence a good blend of music.
Anyways, these ten trombones were the best pick from our side that you may go for in case you are searching for a good trombone that can suit your requirements. Music is something that, if played in the right way, soothes our ears and give an immense joy. It fills our heart with love. Studies have also proven that playing music even for half an hour can be a helpful measure in reducing the stress by 30-40%. And also a person should be able to play at least one musical instrument.